Welcome.Communications and Community Outreach is responsible for providing students, parents, the community and media with timely, accurate information on various activities, special events and news stories related to the Scituate Public Schools.
Contact: Kim Peters 781-545-8759, x311
SPS will consider approval of the communication of material from the following:
School-related organizations which may include booster clubs, organizations and other groups and clubs affiliated with the district and our schools.
Outside organizations mean any non-profit or tax-exempt organization other than school-related organizations.
These groups must display the following disclaimer on displayed materials:
“The Scituate Public School district neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity represented in this material. The distribution or display of this material is provided as a community service.”
SPS will not consider approval of material of the following nature:
No literature with a primarily religious, objectionable or political nature will be approved for distribution.
Criteria for distribution: Material must be approved by the Superintendent of Schools and meet the above criteria.
Response time may vary. Please allow suitable amount of lead time for your request to be approved and processed.
- For district-wide distribution submit to Community Outreach – Office of the Superintendent – 606 Chief Justice Cushing Highway, Scituate, MA 02066.
- For individual school distribution submit to specific institution for prinicipal’s approval.
SCITUATE PUBLIC SCHOOLS COMMUNICATIONS
The Scituate Public Schools will uphold the integrity of the existing email blast communication system designed to reach a target audience of parents and community members with important information relating to the education, health and wellness of our children.
Communication pertaining to students only will be sent through the mass emailing system under the heading “SCHOOL MATTERS.” Early dismissal dates, school cancellations, after-school workshops, and all information pertaining to the world of our students as it pertains to the Scituate Public School district.
Some advertising and sales when in connection with school-related activities can be beneficial to the school district and its students and will be considered for approval to be communicated under the heading “COMMUNITY MATTERS.”
Open the SPS Virtual Backpack on the SPS homepages of your child’s school to learn about new community sponsored activities for kids. The Virtual Backpack will replace flyers that traditionally were sent home in kids’ real backpacks.
Here are a few important things to know about the Virtual Backpack:
· If you do not have access to a computer and wish to still get a paper flyer, you must tell the school so they can send one home with your child.
· Virtual Backpacks will be updated each week.
· If you are a business or organization in the community you must supply a PDF of your flyer to the school’s office one week in advance to allow time for the Superintendent of Schools to approve the content and for the information to be posted.
· Flyers must comply with the communications guidelines stated on the SPS website under District Information/Communications and Community Outreach.
· Please direct questions to Kim Peters at email@example.com or call 781-545-8759, x311.
Scituate Public Schools television broadcasts school committee meetings, student activities, student generated productions, plays and musicals on Channel-22. Students, parents and community members are encouraged to submit programming of a school related nature for broadcast.
Criteria for broadcast: Footage must be on a DVD or mini-DV tape. Please submit all material with Channel-22 broadcast for air form (PDF). Time code with length of production must be included with broadcast request. It will not be aired without this information.
Send to Director of Technology – Scituate High School, 606 Chief Justice Cushing Highway, Scituate, MA 02066.
From the high school: http://10.10.0.57:50001/websched.php?channel=1&mode=week&day=sun&headers=1
From elsewhere: http://22.214.171.124:50001/websched.php?channel=1&mode=week&day=sun&headers=1
The Scituate Public Schools website provides families, students, teachers and the community:
A SPS publication sent out via the SPS email blast system, posted on the website and distributed within the community.
- timely updates on news and happenings concerning the district,
- press releases
- links to press coverage
- a school calendar with listings of current school-related events
- school delays and cancellations announcements
- links to programs, projects and events related to SPS
- current source of information about SPS – policies, curriculum, student expectations and services
If you have a special SPS related announcement regarding a student, staff or district accomplishment or would like to advertise an upcoming school event, program or activity contact the Communications and Community Outreach Office at 781-545-8759, x311. Please send written inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org.